Note that Microsoft’s own OneDrive is no longer supported in Windows 8.1, so that’s not a reliable option. Before you upgrade, make sure your data is being properly backed up. All your files, documents, applications, and settings should be preserved, depending on the process you use to upgrade. Still, it’s a good idea to manually back up any important files in case something goes awry.
- I brought in all of my computer specifications and was told that I would be able to run the operating system.
- Windows 8 drivers for a number of Gateway desktops, notebooks, netbooks, and all-in-one computers are available via Gateway’s support site, linked below.
- To perform a hard reset of your computer, you can install Windows 7 again on your computer.
- This metaphor may not be precise enough, but the motherboard does play a core role in your PC’s operation.
- We can confirm that your subscription has been canceled, no further charges will occur.
- It also tells you how to install the GIGABYTE motherboard drivers.
All motherboard manufacturers such as ASRock, MSI, Biostar, Gigabyte, ASUS, etc. provides drivers online for their motherboards. You can just type the make and model of your motherboard on Google to search. Updating Windows is so far is the most convenient option for updating your motherboard drivers. Running the Windows update makes the Windows automatically find the latest drivers for your motherboard and install them.
Driver Download Sites
You should find the list of drivers for all other sub-component of your motherboard here too. But be sure that you are on the right page of your motherboard. Known as optical drives, CD drives are almost obsolete because the high-speed internet has already made it easier to access any kind of drivers and software online without any hassle. You do not need to rely on physical stuff to keep your computer working smoothly. Realtek makes audio drivers available on its website, although you can likely get the Realtek high definition audio drivers for your PC from your PC or motherboard manufacturer, too. NVIDIA offers drivers for its GeForce graphics hardware as well as other NVIDIA products, like its TITAN series of GPUs. First and foremost, downloading drivers from unknown sources can pose a serious security risk.
- When I’m talking Windows 8, I’m talking Intel Windows 8, not that oddity called Windows RT.
- Optimal Playable Settings (OPS) is your one-click solution for the optimal combination of performance and image quality.
- Driver Booster can install graphic card drivers, display adapters or any missing drivers for you offline.
- Transferring files to and from your Android smartphone is now easier than ever.
- We will identify the effective date of the revision in Kyocera KM-4050 driver windows 11 download the posting.
Since you are now back on a qualifying version of Windows, you will get the notification to upgrade to Windows 10. Check out our articles here and here, for how you can disable the Get Windows 10 app from automatically upgrading your computer to Windows 10. For systems utilizing downgrade rights through Windows 10 Pro, your options are tricky. According to Microsoft, you should contact the OEM about obtaining a license. Enable Power Management in the BIOS settings and check the settings in the Power Options
How Do I Update My Nvidia Drivers on Windows 10?
If you ran into issues, what were they and how did you fix them? Please share your experience with the rest of us, it’s highly appreciated. Chris has demonstrated how to create legal Windows 8.1 installation media using an ISO download. Many issues that occur after a Windows 8.1 upgrade can be traced back to conflicts of some sort.
After the installation, click the check for updates button from the driver’s section to install the driver. This how-to guide will walk you through the steps to installing missing device drivers on Windows 11. The easiest way to update your motherboard drivers is through the Device Manager. This can be anything from your mouse and keyboard to specific components of the motherboard, such as the audio adapters, USB ports, or the LAN port. Windows 10 comes preloaded with a suite of generic drivers that will enable your computer to work as soon as it’s installed. To update the motherboard driver, an individual must know the manufacturer’s details and model number.